City of Hobart Adopt-A-Park Program Guidelines
To provide groups, organizations, churches, businesses and individuals
with opportunities to beautify, maintain and improve Hobart parks,
public spaces and green spaces.
1. The adoption period is for one year and is renewable at the request of the entity/individual.
2. The adopting organization must complete a minimum of three work days a year at its adopted park, unless it is a single, annual or special project.
3. A signed agreement must be in place and the safety orientation guidelines reviewed before any work can be undertaken.
4. All activities need to be approved by and coordinated with the City of Hobart Parks Department. In addition, the city’s Park Commission will review all project applications.
5. If the adopting entity/individual has not conducted a work day or special project at the end of the first six-month period, the agreement will be cancelled and any signs designating the adopting entity/individual will be removed.
6. Each entity/individual must designate a representative to act as a liaison with the City of Hobart Parks Department and the City of Hobart Park Commission.
7. A meeting must be conducted prior to each work day with the liaison and the City of Hobart Park’s Supervisor to discuss needed materials, equipment and supplies. A representative of the Hobart Park Commission should attend this meeting if possible.
8. The necessary supplies for the maintenance project will be discussed with the Parks Department by the organization. Budget restraints require that adopting organizations seek and/or provide donated supplies necessary to complete approved projects. Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own equipment, such as rakes and paintbrushes, to all projects.
9. Any fundraising done outside of the funds provided by the adopting entity/individual must be coordinated with the City of Hobart Parks Department and the Hobart Park Commission.
10. The City of Hobart Parks Department will have the final decision on any projects.
11. Organizations that install plantings are responsible for the maintenance of the plantings during the time of the agreement.
12. Upon completion of a work date, contact person must call the Parks Department with the following information:
· number of volunteers participating in the work day
· the names of the participants
· number of hours volunteered by each participant, including planning time
· description of the work completed
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PARK DEPARTMENT:
1. Approve all plans and work activities.
2. Erect an Adopt-A-Park sign at the park to provide public recognition of the adopting entity/individual.
3. Work to provide media coverage for the Adopt-A-Park Program and to recognize participating entities/individuals.
4. Upon successful completion of the project, provide recognition by the City of Hobart for the entity/individual.
Last Modified on 4/28/2010 10:39:54 AM